The John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to work on the experimental aspects of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This position will work on research directed towards identifying molecular mechanisms that confers the risk or protection of AMD.
- Conduct research on AMD.
- Perform high-throughput sequencing sample preparations, molecular genetics analyses, and bioinformatics analyses.
- Conduct research in cell-based models and human eye tissues to evaluate the functional consequences and mechanisms of genetic factors in AMD.
- Confer with principal investigators to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular equipment as required.
- Review scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and instruct residents, interns, students or lower level personnel in molecular genetics techniques and procedures.
- Compose manuscripts for publication and present research findings at lab meetings and conferences.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.