POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE | The Hinson Lab | Dr. Travis Hinson, PI
We are seeking talented postdoctoral candidates interested in developing CRISPR genome-wide screens using iPSc-based assays to interrogate the mechanisms of inherited cardiac disorders. The successful applicant will join the laboratory of Dr. Travis Hinson at the Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM) in Farmington, CT.
About the Hinson Lab: Our laboratory uses genetic, biochemical and genomic approaches to understand inherited cardiomyopathies using a combination of human induced pluripotent stem cell models and biomimetic 3-dimensional cardiac tissues. In addition, we employ structural and functional analyses to uncover mechanisms of sarcomere mutations that cause human cardiomyopathies. Visit the Hinson Lab online for more info.
About JAX-GM: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, the brand new JAX-GM conveniently sits midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut. JAX-GM is part of an exciting $1.1 billion venture between the state of Connecticut and The Jackson Laboratory, an internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services.
Our Postdoctoral Associates enjoy distinct advantages, including:
- A uniquely collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary ‘team science’ without departmental barriers
- Superior scientific support services
- Unparalleled mouse and genomic resources
- Excellent research facilities and equipment
- Close interaction with our award-winning faculty members
- Partnerships with leading universities and medical centers
- Access to numerous courses and conferences focused on genetics, genomics and biomedicine
- Working for an institution that has been repeatedly voted among the top 15 “best places to work in academia” by readers of The Scientist