• PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Computer Science, Informatics or related fields.
• 3-5 years of experience in transcriptomics and flux balance analysis.
• Demonstrated programming expertise in high-level scripting language (Perl/Python)
• Strong personal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of publishing in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
• Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
• Experience using and developing bioinformatics tools to analyze genomic, transcriptomic, metabolomic and proteomic datasets and use them to generate detailed metabolic maps.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and in web development, database design and implementation
No clearance required.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.