Post Doctoral Research Scientist (Synthetic Chemist)
Permanent/Full Time, Cambridgeshire
Competitive remuneration package which includes annual bonus scheme, generous pension, company share purchase scheme and fitness club membership.
Illumina develop the world’s leading next generation DNA sequencing platforms (NGS) which are revolutionizing industries such as healthcare, life sciences, forensics, agro-sciences and clinical research. At the EU headquarters in Cambridgeshire our research chemistry team is at the heart of Illumina’s sequencing-by-synthesis (SBS) technology. We design and develop the synthetic nucleotides and the chemistry processes that are used on all Illumina sequencing platforms.
We are looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join our research chemistry team at Illumina Cambridge. The role will involve the design and development of the novel synthetic nucleotides and dyes that underpin the key chemistries used in Illumina’s SBS technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Illumina’s continued growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design optimal and highly efficient synthetic chemistry routes for target compounds.
- Plan and execute synthetic activities independently in a highly productive manner.
- Record and document synthetic procedures, analysis and results in detail and timely manner.
- Provide supports to development chemists and ensure a successful product transfer into the development phase.
- Coordinate with biochemists and evaluate the performance of target compounds.
- Present results and data to collaborators and extended teams on a regular basis.
- Assist and support routinely in equipment and lab maintenance.