Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
A highly qualified and motivated post-doctoral research fellow is sought to join the laboratory of Dr. Sunil Hingorani at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA.
Our laboratory investigates molecular and cellular mechanisms of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) pathogenesis. The murine models of distinct genetic subtypes of pancreas cancer that we have developed form the basis of our integrated, systematic, and multidisciplinary research program. Our efforts are directed at identifying and overcoming stromal barriers to treatment (including elevated interstitial pressures, activated fibroblasts, and multiple mechanisms of immune suppression); identifying and disrupting molecular drivers of metastasis; and developing immune-based strategies. Our ultimate aim is to reduce our discoveries to practice in the clinic in order to radically transform the approach and prognosis for patients with this devastating disease.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Ph.D. in the field of molecular biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, cancer biology, immunology or genetics
- Experience with standard molecular and cellular biology techniques
- A demonstrated track record of productive research
- Experience with generation and characterization of genetically engineered murine models, advanced imaging techniques, and/or gene targeting is highly desired
- Ability to develop create approaches to experimental design
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team
Please apply with a letter summarizing previous work experience, research interests, your curriculum vitae including a list of publications, and contact information for three professional references.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2355078-2647-6121