Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's four scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference.
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available immediately in the Clinical Research Division of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), Seattle, WA. The successful applicant will work with Dr. Matthias Stephan (https://stephanlab-fhcrc.squarespace.com) to explore the fast-developing and highly interdisciplinary field of immunobioengineering. Using next-generation immunomodulatory synthetic materials, the postdoctoral fellow will develop new approaches to therapeutically manipulate the immune system against cancer ("Biopolymer implants enhance the efficacy of adoptive T-cell therapy" Nature Biotechnology, January 2015).
- Suitable applicants should have a PhD degree in immunology or bioengineering.
- Immunologist candidates must have a strong knowledge of primary immune cell isolation and culture, flow cytometry, and advanced training in animal procedures such as tail vein injections, and the establishment of advanced in vivo mouse tumor models.
- Bioengineers must have strong expertise in the formulation of synthetic gene delivery vectors including liposomes or polymer-based nanoparticles. The successful candidate will be a scientifically driven, well organized self-starter.
- Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position
- Salary DOE + excellent benefits
How to Apply
Please send a letter summarizing previous work experience and future interests, a resume, and contact information for three professional references
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2219264-2647-9221