Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects.
An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
A highly motivated Post-Doctoral research fellow is sought to carry out a research project in the field of human papillomavirus biology focusing on mechanisms by which the E6 and E7 oncoproteins perturb the response to DNA damage. This position is in the laboratory of Dr. Denise Galloway. Recent postdocs or graduate students at the end of their training program, who are eligible for participation in NIH-funded training grants and fellowships, are especially encouraged to apply.
To perform research on assigned and other projects, attend lab meetings, and other duties as assigned by Primary Investigator, Denise Galloway.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- A recent PhD in a relevant biological field
- A demonstrated track record of productive research, and at least two first author publications
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team.
- A strong background in essential molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Extensive experience with cell/ tissue culture techniques
- Experience with genome analysis, RNAi technology, and developmental virology are highly desirable.
Please apply with a letter summarizing previous work experience, suitability for this position and future research interests, as well as contact information for three professional references.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2336884-2647-4721