Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
A laboratory at the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research Division is recruiting a postdoctoral fellow to work on developing assays to measure human cellular responses to vaccination or infection.
Working directly with the PI and with the support of Research Technicians, the candidate will manage one of several possible assay development projects including but not limited to cytokine measurement, B-cell ELISpot, and flow cytometry. The Post-Doc will utilize a wide array of immunology and cellular biology techniques. The candidate must be responsible, organized, and self-motivated, and able to efficiently manage time and experiments. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with assay optimization, qualification, validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice.
- PhD in immunology, microbiology, cell biology, or a related field is required.
- Candidates should have at least one first author paper nearing publication.
- Preference will be given to candidates with extensive experience in assay development for leukocytes.
- The candidate must show initiative, the willingness to take up new skills and responsibilities, and be a team player.
- Must be willing to work with biohazardous/infectious agents (BSL2+) under carefully controlled conditions.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently are essential to success in this position, as are good communication and organizational skills.
- Salary will be commensurate with (appropriate) experience.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE