Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
We seek a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to embark on a two-year research project to computationally identify therapeutic targets supported by human genetics. You will partner with scientific colleagues in functional genomics, disease biology, and clinical research groups throughout Genzyme to design and execute a computational strategy for target identification for therapeutics discovery. Key research aims and responsibilities of the position are to:
- Develop enhanced methods for scientific literature data mining and analysis using natural language processing tools and ontologies tailored for target identification.
- Identify relevant public and internal data sources for human genetic variation, gene regulation, and protein expression. Lead data integration/aggregation efforts to support target identification.
- Develop an integrated computational approach leveraging scientific literature and experimental results for target identification.
- Develop a user interface for research and informatics scientists to browse/query database contents and data mining results.
- Interface with research scientists and provide support as a genomics/informatics expert.
- Prepare concise and insightful presentations, reports, and manuscripts for internal and external presentations/publications.