A Seattle Cancer Care Alliance ARNP/PA-C is a certified physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner who provides evaluation and management to Breast Health patients at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance as UW Faculty. They will provide pre-operative and post-operative surgical and medical supportive care, as well as surveillance after completion of treatment. The ARNP/PA-C assesses and manages basic health needs of patients, addresses treatment toxicities, performs procedures, monitors for cancer progression or recurrence, and consults with professional peers as needed. They work collaboratively with the treatment team to coordinate care of their patients. All clinical responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice, institutional privileges and under the supervision of an attending physician.
- Performs complex and problem-focused H & Ps and assessments for patients.
- Evaluates and manages post-operative side effects, as well as long-term surveillance and survivorship issues. This is an outpatient position without Operating Room responsibilities.
- Performs procedures according to licensure, credentialing, and scope of practice
- Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and services to ensure safe, effective, and timely treatment as well as continuity of patient care. Care will be coordinated in a multidisciplinary fashion with collaborating services which may include surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, nutrition, social work, psychology, pain service, hospice, and palliative care.
- Participates in the conduct of cancer clinical research, including patient, caregiver, and peer education
- Responsible for rotating on the SCCA Code Team at least once per year
- Communicates effectively with inpatient and outpatient teams
- Participates in patient rounds, conferences and committees
- 1 year of ARNP or PA-C experience preferred
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude is a must! Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Washington state & DEA licensure required.
- ACLS required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- EMR experience required; prefer experience with CPOE.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE