The Per Diem Phlebotomist/SPS Tech position provides patient care services in both Blood Draw and SPS areas in Alliance Lab. SPS services include activating and processing CPOE orders in the blood draw area, and specimen receipt and processing, and specimen send-outs in the SPS area. These services are critical to the SCCA by supporting diagnostic testing and supportive services for the care and treatment of our patients.
- Performs venipuncture phlebotomy on patients, donors, research participants and employees where required; labels specimens safely and accurately per policy.
- Performs accurate Lab Information System operations.
- Processes specimens including centrifugation, aliquoting, and distributing specimens to proper lab testing and send out sites.
- Performs responsibilities in Transfusion Support Services as required,
- Promotes and maintains effective & professional communication with patients, clients, coworkers and SCCA colleagues.
- The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing daily work responsibilities.
- High school graduation or the equivalent.
- Completion of phlebotomy training course and/or one year of professional phlebotomy practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2291882-2647-9121