- The incumbent acts as a polite & courteous representative of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- Promotes and maintains an environment which supports the right to privacy for patients and staff and maintains patient information, patient records, and SCCA strategic plans in a confidential manner.
- This role supports processes, services, functions and communication that promote and sustain health care delivery based on the model and values of "Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Performs venipuncture phlebotomy in the collection of blood specimens from patients, staff, donors and research participants.
- Works efficiently to minimize patient wait times.
- Performs specimen processing of blood specimens.
- Participates where required in Quality Improvement & Quality Assurance programs for the Alliance Laboratory.
- Promotes and maintains effective & professional communication with patients, clients, coworkers and SCCA colleagues.
- The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing daily work responsibilities.
Performs venipuncture phlebotomy on patients, donors, research participants and employees where required.
Performs accurate Lab Information System (LIS) operations including:
- Receiving specimens into the lab information system, Sunquest Inquiry
- Printing sendouts reports / batch reports
- Labels specimens as required in the Specimen
- Labeling policy and procedure.
- Processes specimens including centrifugation, aliquoting, and dispensing specimens to proper lab processing and sendouts sites.
- WA State MA/Phlebotomist certification (sponsored by SCCA) (if competency assessment and training are complete)
- Preferred specimen handling and processing experience including, accessioning, centrifuge, aliquoting, and sendouts.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Patients/Donors/Consultation Visitors and Staff:
- Infants (0-2 years)
- Children (2-12 years)
- Adolescents (13-19 years)
- Adults (20-60 years)Geriatric (61 years+)
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2291886-2647-9521