The incumbent acts as a polite & courteous representative of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.Promotes and maintains an environment which supports the right to privacy for patients and staff and maintains patient information, patient records, and SCCA strategic plans in a confidential manner.This role supports processes, services, functions and communication that promote and sustain health care delivery based on the model and values of "Patient and Family Centered Care.
Performs venipuncture phlebotomy in the collection of blood specimens from patients, staff, donors and research participants.Works efficiently to minimize patient wait times.Performs specimen processing of blood specimens.Role may include assisting with bone marrow aspiration procedures as bone marrow technician for HSCT program.Participates where required in Quality Improvement & Quality Assurance programs for the Alliance Laboratory.Promotes and maintains effective & professional communication with patients, clients, coworkers and SCCA colleagues.The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing daily work responsibilities.
- High school graduation or the equivalent.
- One year of professional phlebotomy experience preferred
- Completion of phlebotomy training course in lieu of one year of professional phlebotomy practice preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally required.
- WA State MA/Phlebotomist certification required
- WA State Surgical Tech registration (if competency assessed by SCCA to assist with bone marrow aspiration procedures) preferred
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2218436-2647-7221