We are seeking a highly motivated Research Investigator to join our Oncology Biotherapeutics team. We are dedicated to discovering innovative cancer therapeutics and therapeutic formats that transform patient's lives. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists to lead an independent lab and project teams, interfacing closely across functional areas of Biotherapeutics, Immuno-Oncology, Protein Engineering and Translational Research. The candidate will be playing a key role in driving the development of our key therapeutic formats: T-cell recruiting bispecific antibodies and novel antibody drug conjugates. The candidate is expected to perform cutting-edge, lab-based research that will directly impact the discovery of novel targets and provide a major contribution on development across multiple biologic programs. This position will be ideal for candidates wishing to combine their interest in cancer biology and tumor immunology with their strong desire to discover therapeutic approaches.
• Design, execute and interpret experiments to elucidate biology of novel targets and validate suitability for biotherapeutic targeting
• Develop and implement cellular assays to profile response to novel bispecific antibodies in vitro and in/ex vivo
• Contribute to building T cell biology expertise in the department and provide input across multiple immune modality programs
• Present experimental designs and results internally and externally to diverse audiences
• Collaborate with other functional areas as subject matter expert EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • PhD in cancer biology, immunology or related field, with a minimum of 2+ years of post-doctoral experience
• Strong background in immunology, with expertise in T cell signaling is desired
• Innovative spirit with high degree of scientific engagement and desire to explore novel areas of biology
• In-depth understanding and hands on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instrumentation used for primary cell culture, flow cytometry, in vitro/ex vivo T cell assays, cytokine and transcriptional analyses
• Highly flexible team player with the ability to prioritize and work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to work in a high-pace and dynamic scientific environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication, writing and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated productivity as evidenced by publication record
• Experience with biologics is desired