The Pharmaceutical Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing pharmaceutical and large cap biotech marketing plans and for developing tools that highlight the value proposition of 10x Genomics products to industry. The main tasks include assessment of market size and requirements, identifying application opportunities for 10x Genomics products, identifying and establishing relationship with KOL, then driving that relationship forward together with the sales and strategic marketing, this role also creates awareness, generate product interests and leads, provide compelling positioning, equip and enable the sales team and foster long-term customer relationships. This role will require detailed technical knowledge of 10x Genomics products and solid knowledge of the therapeutics marketplace.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Primary point of contact for pharmaceutical applications and opportunities in pharmaceutical and large cap biotechs.
- Collaboratively develop a clinical marketing strategy for 10x Genomics short- and long-term strategic marketing plans with HQ and sales teams.
- Develop creative content for pharmaceutical and large cap biotech markets, appropriately positioning 10x Genomics solutions for pharma research or in clinical trial use within compliance guidelines, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation.
- Manage 10x Genomic’s product positioning and messaging efforts in the pharmaceutical and large cap biotech market place.
- Develop detailed client interaction plans on an annual, monthly and weekly basis, and report against the plans.
- Establish a market-specific pharmaceutical and large cap biotech road map to ensure that all clinical opportunities and value propositions are identified, addressed and deliver timely commercial outcomes.
- Facilitate and support key industry and/or government partnership initiatives that 10x Genomics undertakes. Report and follow-up on project deliverables to ensure that project momentum is maintained, and drive 10x Genomics and partner activity.
- Provide accurate and timely market feedback to the commercial team on opportunities, improvements, issues and solutions to enhance the customer experience for 10x Genomics products.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with current and future thought leaders in pharmaceutical and large cap biotech companies worldwide to drive adoption of 10x Genomics solutions into method development and clinical trials.
- Develop pharma KOLs to create a successful reference network for clinical trial and technical validation. Identify and develop speakers to participate in programs, symposia, and peer-to-peer educational plans.
- Drive educational efforts by delivering webinars and courses on pharma topics.
- Support commercial marketing to coordinate events including major conferences and tradeshows, seminars and UGM and product launch events. Represent 10x Genomics at key events, functions, and forums related to select key customers, accounts, and societies by providing scientific presentation.
- Assist field sales & marketing team by identifying target customers and providing guidance for product positioning.
- Assess training needs and coordinate training opportunities.
- Solicit and consolidate input from customers and field staff to provide in-depth market analysis and insight to 10x Genomics regarding customer and market needs, issues and opportunities.
- Build expertise for and knowledge of regulatory approval process within the major countries and share with high-level managers for strategic decisions.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Strategic Marketing leader.