At Assurex the Correspondence Specialist is an entry level position in the Cash Department. The core responsibilities of the position are maintaining and posting all documentation that comes into the department from the lock box and internal mail from the Billing / Collection Team. All job functions are required to be completed timely, with a minimum number of errors and are subject to routine quality reviews. The Correspondence Specialist must be able to adapt well to change and work independently in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Cash Posting Supervisor.
- Review and interpret correspondence consisting of letters and EOB's from insurance carriers, government agencies, patients etc., and post the appropriate denial codes into the billing system.
- Follows SOPs for all aspects of posting correspondence
- Monitor the status of unposted items to ensure timely posting and resolution
- Report standardized metrics on correspondence posting status/progress in a timely manner
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of correspondence posting
- Perform other duties as assigned at Assurex
- High School Diploma required
- 1 year experience in healthcare insurance payment posting, knowledge of third party insurance in regards to all plan types(HMO/PPO/POS and Indemnity) preferred but not required
- Strong Data entry skills; ability to input a high volume of information
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software applications including strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Strong team skills
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
At Assurex the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2pnrbqjwjx2d4ht2