Foundation Medicine is searching for a talented and motivated Associate Pathologist (part-time) to join our outstanding Pathology team. The ideal individual will provide pathology review of new clinical tissue samples for both solid tumors and hematologic malignancies.
This is a part-time position for someone who will be available approximately 5 hours per day during the timeframe of 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm at least one day per week (Monday thru Friday).
- Microscopic slide review for sample adequacy for clinical samples.
- Confirmation of tumor type and disease ontology based on microscopic evaluation and review of submitted paperwork (including Test requisition Form and Pathology Report).
- Confirmation of appropriate test platform (FoundationOne or FoundationOne Heme) based on disease ontology.
- Evaluation of tumor deficient samples for possible enrichment. Mark up of H&E slides for enrichment.
- Participates in all clinical laboratory quality assurance programs.
- Follow and document appropriate laboratory accreditation and quality assurance programs.
- Ensure processes and services are monitored for quality. Recommend and implement ideas to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety issues specific to a CLIA environment.
- Ensure all SOPs are followed for all testing.
- Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files and personal information).