Foundation Medicine is dedicated to helping bring personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly captures the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
We are searching for a talented and motivated Associate Pathologist (part-time) to join our outstanding Pathology team. The ideal individual will provide pathology review of new clinical tissue samples for both solid tumors and hematologic malignancies.
This is a part-time position for someone who will be available approximately 5 hours per day during the timeframe of 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm at least one day per week (Monday thru Friday).
- Microscopic slide review for sample adequacy for clinical samples.
- Confirmation of tumor type and disease ontology based on microscopic evaluation and review of submitted paperwork (including Test requisition Form and Pathology Report).
- Confirmation of appropriate test platform (FoundationOne or FoundationOne Heme) based on disease ontology.
- Evaluation of tumor deficient samples for possible enrichment. Mark up of H&E slides for enrichment.
- Participates in all clinical laboratory quality assurance programs.
- Follow and document appropriate laboratory accreditation and quality assurance programs.
- Ensure processes and services are monitored for quality. Recommend and implement ideas to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety issues specific to a CLIA environment.
- Ensure all SOPs are followed for all testing.
- Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files and personal information).