The position entails:
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications on various aspects of the company’s technology before the USPTO.
- Advising foreign counsel on foreign prosecution matters.
- Collaborating with research and product development teams to identify and capture high value innovation.
- Assisting in managing trademark and trade secret assets.
- Conducting searches and analyze patent documents and scientific literature.
- Monitoring and analyzing competitive intellectual property and product offerings.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities. Position Requirements:
- Registered to practice before the USPTO, in good standing, with at least five years of experience working as a patent agent in patent preparation and prosecution.
- A significant technical background in a Life Science related field, for example, in molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics, and have an advanced degree (MS or PhD) and/or significant hands-on experience working in a relevant technical field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with scientific staff in a variety of technology areas.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment (wet science/engineering/software) is highly desirable.
- Self-motivating, creative, and diligent with excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoyment of collaborating as part of a team.
- Capable of effectively managing multiple tasks in an efficient and organized manner.
- Able to provide examples of patent work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.