As a life sciences company, Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) has a guiding vision: To improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic and genetic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets.
What makes this vision a reality? Our deep commitment to "Quality of Science." For us, only the highest quality is acceptable. Sequenom team members thrive in a "science first" environment where ideas and innovation are part of daily life. This is your opportunity to work on cutting-edge science that is revolutionizing patient care.
Our innovation-driven culture means life at Sequenom is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun with rewarding benefits and performance rewards. With a clear vision for the future, all employees have the opportunity to make a difference and are encouraged to share new ideas. We foster a collaborative work environment and encourage curiosity at all levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
The Patent Agent will be responsible for managing intellectual property matters (particularly patents and patent applications) and assisting with the strategic direction of Sequenom with respect to its IP portfolio. The ideal candidate will evaluate IP issues, such as patentability and freedom to operate and support as well as draft patent applications and review license agreements with respect to the scope and strength of the licensed IP.
• Prepare, prosecute, and manage Sequenom’s intellectual property portfolio
• Assist with opinions on patent and other intellectual property matters
• Perform due diligence and analyses for in-licensing and collaboration opportunities
• Review draft manuscripts and other Company literature, such as advertising materials, technical notes, etc. for intellectual property issues
• Assist and report to Sequenom in-house counsel