Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) is a world-class academic hospital and basic and clinical research center. The Genomics Core Facility at CSMC provides a broad range of state-of-the-art genomics services to the research community. In addition, the core works with investigators to develop new genomics protocols and to support grant applications, and will interface with a growing bioinformatics research community on campus, as well as the Cedars-Sinai Personalized Health Initiative.
The Burns and Allen Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking a Director of the Genomics Core Facility. The Director is responsible for operational oversight of a range of genomic assays, including but not limited to next-generation sequencing (library prep and sequencing), microarrays, high-throughput qPCR, digital PCR, quality control assays and novel sample-to-answer platforms. In addition, the Director will oversee both wet lab and bioinformatics core staff.
The Genomics Core Director is responsible for collaborative interactions with researchers and vendors to provide consistent delivery of high quality, and timely, cost effective services. In this role, the Director will be responsible for the management of operational and capital resources within budget targets. The Director will also be responsible for staff development and will participate in the educational mission of Cedars, including interaction with CSMC PhD candidates. The Director is expected to continually evaluate competitive service providers and engage outsourcing as needed. In addition, the Director will participate in projects leading to Laboratory Developed Tests utilizing next-generation sequencing and in verification studies in support of laboratory developed tests.
• MD or PhD in relevant biomedical field (e.g. Genomics, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry).
• Established genomics scientist with a minimum of 5 years NGS experience; clinical work experience in genomics is a plus.
• Prior experience running genome center laboratory operations
• Demonstrated experience in evaluating and implementing genomics technologies
• Clinical work experience in genomics or knowledge of molecular diagnostics, or experience working in a diagnostic laboratory is a plus.
• Licensure in one of the following categories, FACMG, California State Department of Health License as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetics and Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) is a plus
• Must be able to work with leadership and other staff to run the core in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Leadership skills acquired through at least 2 years supervisory experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to assist in grant and manuscript preparation
• Must have well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills and be confident in approaching, motivating, and communicating with colleagues at all levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a state-of-the-art, 958 bed tertiary acute care academic medical center is committed to excellence in compassionate patient care, biomedical research, medical and research education, and community programs to improve the lives of our patients. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a cover letter to: Academic.Recruiting@cshs.org
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center seeks to find, develop and retain the best clinical and research Faculty. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/Vets/Disabled