The Operations and Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing the overall management and daily supervision of the Facilities Maintenance staff and contracted service providers required by the company to maintain the company's buildings and related building support equipment at optimum service levels. The manager is responsible for instructing staff and performing skilled building and equipment maintenance. The manager will establish and maintain policies and procedures which ensure that building and equipment maintenance are performed at required frequencies. This is a key position for ensuring business continuity at Genomic Health by ensuring uninterrupted availability of properly functioning equipment and facilities required for daily operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Oversee and administer all aspects of facilities maintenance activities associated with the support of buildings, building support systems and related equipment.
- Daily monitoring and tracking of submitted work orders to ensure appropriate prioritization and assignment to staff, contractors and service providers.
- With aid of the CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), define and establish required frequencies of maintenance and service necessary to maintain optimum equipment performance.
- Supervise direct reports, including interviewing, hiring, training, goal-setting, and performance evaluation.
- Inspect and ensure that all maintenance work performed complies with applicable code, quality and service standards.
- Continuously assess short and long term workplace and service demands to ensure correct alignment of staff resources to meet performance and operational requirements.
- With assistance of the Facilities Coordinator, maintain building and equipment files and maintenance records.
- Perform administrative responsibilities including establishing, monitoring and controlling the Maintenance Department budget to ensure spending remains within approved and budgeted levels.
- Continuously evaluate service provider performance for compliance with service contracts and established company performance standards.
- Ensure that safety procedures and practices are adhered to by all maintenance staff, vendors, suppliers, service providers, contractors and any other persons involved in maintenance operations.
- While acting in a lead role, work with maintenance department staff to assess and troubleshoot equipment performance issues. Identify root cause and develop proposed corrective and preventive action as required.
- Plan for and manage the installation of equipment as may be required for replacement and new installations.
- Plan and schedule afterhours support of critical systems maintenance. On an as required basis respond to building and equipment related emergencies during off-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Identify, implement and monitor energy conservation measures which promote sustainability and reduce operating costs.
- Serve on and partner with the site Safety Committee. Ensure that at all times any equipment impacting safety remains in good operating condition.
- Review drawings and provide input as needed for construction projects.
- Perform other duties as