Sema4 is a next-generation health information company, spun out of the Mount Sinai Health System, that provides advanced genomic testing and merges big data analytics with clinical diagnostics. Our team creates practical tools that help patients, clinicians, and researchers better diagnose, treat, and prevent disease. We are striving to construct a more comprehensive picture of health by integrating three key elements: a wealth of clinical experience that informs the answers that patients and providers are seeking, the world-class academic research that illuminates new directions, and the pioneering information science that puts all the pieces together.
Sema4 is seeking a Product Director to join our Oncology team to launch and own products across the lifecycle and support the development of the overall strategy for the Oncology franchise. In this role, you will be primary responsible for identifying and bringing these to market partnering across the organization with research, lab, sales, marketing, digital, operations and business development. You will need to define key markets, understand competition, set strategy and manage new product launches, including tracking KPIs and adjusting strategy as needed. Your success will be measured by revenue generated by products launched to market as well as their contribution to Sema4’s strategic objectives.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Develops and manages the P&L for products
- Determines the nature and scope of present and future products lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' .
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering.
- Introduces and markets new by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and product
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Works collaboratively across research, lab, operations, digital, sales, and partnerships to bring to market in a collaborative and coordinated way
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.