A Post-Doctoral Scientist, Oncology, you will assist in the design and development of novel assays for identifying and characterizing cancer. A successful candidate will have excellent scientific proficiency in oncology and preferably in the area of molecular cancer diagnostics with emphasis on circulating tumor DNA, DNA methylation and/or circulating tumor cells. Flexibility is important in adjusting to changes in work volume and focus.
The position allows the post-doctoral scientist to work in an exciting and important area of translational medicine. Cepheid’s rapid, point-of-care molecular diagnostic tests have already revolutionized infectious disease testing, particularly in low-resource, developing countries. We hope to be able to do the same for the detection and treatment of cancer.
This is a regular full-time position to work on a project with an estimated duration of 24 months.
- Evaluate, test and develop new procedures and/or methods
- This will be primarily a hands-on, bench level position with key responsibilities in the area of real-time PCR assays.
- Prepare and purify DNA and RNA for analysis as appropriate
- Perform GeneXpert assays and other real-time PCR assays as required
- Participate in the group meetings and prepare weekly progress reports
- May contribute to scientific literature and conferences
- Maintain quality control notebooks and records
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and insures that all reagents and supplies meet quality control standards