Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases.
Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
In coordination with the overall efforts of the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Department, the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) works as a member of a team that manages a comprehensive program to provide occupational health nursing services to Fred Hutch and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) employees in support of research and patient care activities.
include the management and oversight of the State Insured Worker's Compensation Program; support and implementation of occupational health nursing programs; coordination of tasks with the Occupational Health Program Assistant; management of occupational health nursing projects; refinement of existing programs; and working with Fred Hutch and SCCA management to intervene in situations which may compromise the health of employees. The Occupational Health Nurse follows Fred Hutch, SCCA and departmental policies and procedures in the development and implementation of programs and works under the direction of the Occupational Health Manager.
The Occupational Health Nurse as a member of the OHN team will conduct or support the following duties.Manage Worker's Compensation Program, including case management of Fred Hutch/SCCA claims and administering the Return to Work program; review quarterly and monthly Retrospective Rating Program reports, arrange Retro Meetings, receive/deliver Retro checks and collaborate with Fred Hutch/SCCA Finance Liaisons to determine annual enrollment choices; training and coaching employees, Supervisors and Management about L&I policies and procedures; liaise with Human Resources for various leave programs; work with Payroll around Keep On Salary Program.
- Develop, manage and refine computer tracking of worker's compensation claims within the Occupational Health Manager (OHM) database.
- Receive and track Accident and Illness Reports and assist Supervisors in conducting follow-up investigations as needed.
- Sit as a designated member and provide routine and requested reports to the FredHutch/SCCA Health & Safety Committees and various subcommittees (e.g. SCCA Sharps Committee, SCCA Lift Committee, SCCA Lab Quality Improvement/Integrity Committee).
- Maintain the Fred Hutch and SCCA OSHA 300 Logs and ensure timely posting by the required deadline.
- Participate in the annual Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses and submit data to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. .
- Coordinate the Ergonomics Program including performing individual and group workstation evaluations, staff and manager training, and coaching the Ergonomic Team in EH&S. Provide reports as requested.
Provide support as needed for the various Occupational Health Program components: Employee Immunization and TB Screening including the Annual Influenza Vaccine Campaign, Bloodborne Pathogens Training, Medical Surveillance (Respirator Program, Hearing Conservation Program, Animal Use and Medical Screening Program), Ergonomic Early Reporting, Exposure Incident Response (Bloodborne Pathogens, Cercopithecine herpesvirus (CHV-1), various etiologic agents used in research facility), Mother's Rooms, Sharps Safety Program, Occupational Health Manager Database Management, Wellness Program (Cholestech cholesterol screening and Blood Pressure Screening), Occupational Health Program Policy and Procedure Development, Budget Maintenance.
- Provide first aid and triage care to Fred Hutch/SCCA employees who have been injured or developed illness related to their work. Use discretion in providing routine care where health maintenance will allow an employee to remain at the worksite (e.g, dressing changes, suture removal, BP checks, etc.).
- Optimize the use of EH&S Occupational Health Nursing services through communication with employees.
- Provide a variety of reports related to assigned programs.
- Provide other services as requested.
Associate Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master's Degree in Occupational Health Nursing preferred. Licensed RN in the State of Washington. Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse - Specialist (COHN-S) certification from the American Board of Occupational Health Nursing (ABOHN) preferred. Salary DOE.
Team player. Proficiency in administering immunizations and TB testing. Ability to work independently and request supervisor guidance as needed. Excellent observational skills, interpersonal skills, and verbal/written communication skills in working with health care professionals, administrators, employees, researchers, health & safety staff, and regulatory agencies. Excellent computer application skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and ability to quickly learn and adopt others such as Mindscape,
Occupational Health Manager (OHM), Sharepoint, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.). Familiarity with accepted ergonomic principles. Ability to develop and maintain collegial and cooperative relationships with members of the Occupational Health team. Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements that govern occupational health, safety, and Worker's Compensation.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2348937-2647-8121