Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) brings together the leading research teams and cancer specialists of Fred Hutch, Seattle Children's and UW Medicine. One extraordinary group whose sole mission is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients. SCCA's purpose is to provide state-of t-the=art, patient and family centered care; support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education; enhance access to improved cancer interventions; and the standard of cancer care regionally and beyond. Consider joining our team as Nurse Manager.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the services and daily operations of their department/clinics. The manager oversees the administrative functions including day-to-day operations, develop and oversee budget, human resources management, and quality assurance activities for the Procedure Suite and Medical Imaging Observation departments.
This management position collaborates with medical leaders, peers and colleagues at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) as well as our partner institutions (FHCRC, UWMC and Seattle Children's) to assure the provision of high quality, patient and family-centered care in an environment that facilitates the conduct of clinical research. Work situations range from clinical to managerial and require independent decision-making, analysis, policy and program development, problem and issue resolution and leadership skills.
- With medical staff leader, is responsible for the organizational, management, operational, and administrative activities of the clinics.
- Provides for Registered Nurse and assistive personnel supervision at the appropriate depth and scope for the patient/population needs. Functions as a clinical role model for staff nurses by staying current on clinical practice issues.
- Assures a safe environment for clinical staff to care for patients, including provision of appropriate patient care equipment and assuring compliance with procedures.
- Ensure department is staffed appropriately and supervise staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, ensuring training and development, handling disciplinary action, layoff and termination issues. Provides teaching, coaching and consultation on clinical issues for professional nursing staff.
- Encourages innovative approaches to patient care in collaboration with clinic management team.
- Support and implements specific customer service, financial goals & objectives and quality initiatives consistent with SCCA's strategic plan and goals.
- Prepares and monitors the operating budget. Analyzes financial impact of internal changes and implements clinically sound cost-efficiencies
- Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
- Required - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Preferred - A master's degree in healthcare or business or an equivalent combination of education and experiences
Licenses / Certifications
- Required: Current Washington State Registered Nurse License
Years of Relevant Experience required
- Progressively responsible administrative experience for 5 or more years. Experience in Same Day Surgery, PACU, or Endoscopy.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE