Operating Company: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
Location: Houston, Texas, United States of America
Job Category: Sales
Job ID: R1122749
NGS Territory Sales Manager
The NGSTerritorySalesManageris responsible forleading thepromotion and sales of IDT's NGS portfolio ofproducts, includingcustom oligonucleotide solutions across key application areas such as library preparation and targeted enrichment. This role requires strategic and consistent delivery of customer support and satisfaction, while managing internal stakeholders, prospecting and driving customer consultations and partnerships within the assigned territory to achieve profit and revenue growth goals.
- Develops and manages assigned accounts strategically in order to deliver solutions and drive revenue growth
- Researches and understands territory growth opportunities for developing an effective business plan and sales strategy
- Maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key customers and leverages internal resources, when necessary, to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develops the client relationship by understanding both short-term and long-term needs/goals for optimal positioning of IDT's products and services
- Schedules sales calls and travel itinerary to address customer needs and executes sales strategies through timely follow up, including detailed notes captured through CRM/Salesforce.com
- Builds in-depth knowledge of CRM and funnel management tools and applies these skills consistently to forecast business, manage customeropportunities, build opportunity pipeline, and make business decisions.Maintains records and communications with customer base through CRMtool.
- Communicates with internal sales/customer support service on all customer-related business.
- Builds sales rapport and business acumen with all customers.
- Prospects new accounts and prepares information for all sales calls to secure new customers.
- Educates and provides customers with current product sales information.
- Researches and evaluates competitor's products for internal communications and effective product positioning for a successful sale.
- Participates in exhibitions where assigned and provides quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned exhibitions
- Maintains regular and informative communications withall other team members, including cross-functional collaboration with Product Managers, Application Scientists, Inside Sales, etc.
- Strictly adheres to all company compliance policies and demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies and Danaher Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a Life Science field orBachelor'sdegree with relevant Life Sciences sales experience required.
- PhD in a Life Science field preferred.
- Valid driver's license required
- Fiveyears of prior NGS sales experiencerequired;preferably in life science reagents/consumables.
- Proven track record ofmeeting orexceedingsalestargets for at least3years is required.
- Prior sales managementpreferred.
- Residing in theassigned regionand extensive familiarity with existing academic, corporate, and government accounts in the region is required.
- Broad applicationsexperience within NGSand working knowledge of accounts in assigned territory preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to develop and implement strategicandtacticalplanstoachievedefined goals.
- In depth knowledge of SalesForce.com and working knowledge ofPowerBI
- Ability to make decisions ina changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate withmultiple levels of customers
- Proven track record of driving profitable revenue and market share growth, demonstrated over a sustainedperiod of time.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Outstandingprospecting, territory management, lead management, negotiation and closing skills.Ability to coach less senior team members as part of their development.
Travel Requirements (anything requiring overnight stay):
- Around25-50%in the assigned territory
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Are you ready to join an innovative, fast-paced, new team? Apply Now!
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .