As a field-based role with a high amount of travel, the KAM will be responsible for sales activity related to the successful outreach, development and closure for all Ingenuity products in the assigned geographic territory. Focus will be generating new business, growing and maintaining existing Tier A and B customer accounts across the pharmaceutical, biotech, for profit, government, hospital/medical, academic, and nonprofit market. Tier A accounts are strategic accounts possibly programmatically worked jointly with Account Development Manager (ADM). In Tier A accounts the KAM is the account plan owner, relationship manager and channel manager providing high on-site presence. When available, the ADM provides some on site presence but predominantly high phone and email presence. Tier B accounts are worked by the KAM (without the ADM). Tier A and B accounts are selective high on-site presence and/or KOL named accounts across all markets and products.
• If available, work closely with Account Development Managers (ADM) in Tier A accounts and when appropriate work closely with Sales Leader, FAS, Marketing, QIAGEN Partners, and Advance Genomics Partners in Tier A and B accounts to
• Maintain and grow the renewal of existing customer software licenses.
• Identify new business opportunities and convert to sale in a timely manner.
• Identify, contact and support NGS KOL and major genomic companies to enroll into trials and pilots that quickly lead to purchase.
• Convert trial and pilot software license users to incrementally new software licenses.
• Contact (primarily in person but also via telephone and email) current and prospective customers including genome centers and consortiums on a consistent and systematic basis to develop and bring to closure software license orders (new and renewal business).
• Engagement and support of sales partners.
• Rapidly develop and grow business with Service Providers and Commercial Partners.
• Coordinate attendance of current and prospective customers to web based and on-site classes for any required training and support needed in the defined sales process.
• Sell training courses to current and prospective customers.
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of well qualified opportunities to meet and exceed all assigned business objectives, performance requirements and sales order quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Travel when necessary to develop and bring to closure software license orders and reports for all products (new and renewal business).
• Demonstrate product portfolio in person, by phone or via webinar.