NGS Lab Technician
Job ID JR-007639
Join PerkinElmer Genomics division to transform health for the better.
Every day, we provide the critical knowledge, expertise and solutions needed to help improve lives and the world around us.
Here Are Some of the Ways We're Helping to Make a Difference:
- More effective medicines: Our technologies and expertise were instrumental in the development of 22 of the newest therapeutic drugs
- Better treatments: Our advances in digital imaging technology are improving cancer treatment for over 1 million people every year
- A cleaner and safer environment: Each year, our detection solutions are used to analyze approximately 2.25 billion air, water and soil samples—reducing the risk of contaminants
- Healthier babies: Our neonatal and newborn screening technologies have helped screen 413 million babies worldwide for a variety of life-threatening diseases
- More informed scientific decisions: We are leaders in informatics, providing over 2 million scientists worldwide with our electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and software
Performs clinical genetic laboratory tests, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in adult, children and newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities: Prepare specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed. Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing. Conduct genetic analysis of blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human tissue to determine presence of abnormal sequence changes. Review test results for QC purposes, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems. Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure. Verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and document data. Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments. Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees. Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures. The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary. Next Generation Sequencing experience a plus.
Minimum Qualification: A bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and one of the following: two years of related experience OR completion of a molecular genetics training program, one year of experience in a molecular genetics laboratory, and ASCP certification. NGS Experience
Working Conditions: Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear. Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required. Travel is not required.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab. Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Apply now by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/labtechpro