Operating Company: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
Job Category: Customer Support
Job ID: R1122450
Employment Status: Exempt
The NGS Application Scientist will provide technical field support for IDT's xGen/NGS customers, regarding product design and end use. This position will assist Sales to identify, convert and support potential/existing customers. This position will also collaborate with internal departments to prioritize customer requirements for future NGS product development activities.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of hands-on NGS Workflow Experience.
- Provides technical field support for IDT NGS customers, including experimental design and troubleshooting
- Represents IDT's products to molecular biology community at large, including presentations of established technologies at industry trade shows
- Collaborates with Product Management, Applications Support, Customer Care and Sales to identify key customer requirements for future product development efforts
- Works closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure the value of the NGS product line is communicated clearly and effectively to customers
- Maintains strong working relationships within Research, Manufacturing, Marketing, Product Management and Product Development, Customer Support and Sales
- Maintains positive existing key customer interactions by providing support on new emerging NGS applications in which xGen products may be employed
- Retains knowledge base via literature and personal communications with newer trends in the NGS field
- Ensure customer is setup for success in ‘bake-off'
- Partner with potential customers in their evaluations (or proof-of-principle studies) of IDT products by reviewing /walking through data
- Ensure customers scale as planned
- Troubleshoot technical challenges to provide ‘white-glove' support as customers use products
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics) or equivalent experience with demonstrated performance required
- Master's degree or PhD (in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics) preferred
- Minimum of five years of experimental design and troubleshooting required
- Expert background in NGS bench techniques (library prep and enrichment) required
- Previous hands-on experience with qPCR and NGS technologies required
Other Job Qualifications:
- Extreme craving to learn more applications and techniques in NGS workflows
- Ability to cultivate and maintain cross-functional relationships within a larger organization
- Self-motivated and driven
- High Customer Satisfaction Level Drive
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity
- Present scientific data generated from R&D or other customers that technically position the products
- Provide technical consultation to sales specialist
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/hzwb474v3j8y4jmc