The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
The NGS Data Analyst, for our Bioinformatics and Data Analysis group will report to the Manager of the Production NGS Data Analysis group and be responsible for:
• Effectively communicating with internal collaborators regarding data access, data and file format questions, and general assistance with RGC data.
• Developing NGS analysis pipelines and strategies. Constantly benchmarking and reevaluating existing pipelines with new and different tools.
• Managing the design, progression, and completion of NGS analysis projects with clear timelines, budgets, and data delivery.
• Prioritizing and managing work effort to deliver data, results, and analyses in efficient and time appropriate fashion.
• Interacting with downstream analysts to address needs and developing tools and automation enabling Analytical and Translational Genetics teams.
• Collaboration with LIMS, laboratory specialists, and analysts to deliver high-quality production data in a timely fashion.
• Tracking sample metadata, and delivering data in a high-throughput production environment.
• Providing bioinformatics support for routine sequencer maintenance and upgrades.
• Working with the sequencing vendor and the Production Manager to quickly resolve instrument problems.
• Maintaining accurate sample and sequence analysis records in our LIMS.
• Implementing standard operating procedures to maintain stringent performance requirements, including throughput and quality metrics.