The NGS Applications Specialist provides professional customer service and technical support to IDT customers regarding product design and end-use for Next Generation Sequencing.
- Communicates with and supports customers to provide pre- and post-sales technical support for a growing NGS product offering.
- Troubleshoots product use and applications by using customer provided data and information, as well as IDT sales and manufacturing databases.
- Answers all NGS-related customer inquiries received by phone, email and chat.
- Documents all incoming and outgoing customer interactions in IDT's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Supports other IDT service departments and Sales through consultation or escalation of product questions, customer issues, and technical inquiries as needed.
- Handles the intake and completion of custom design requests for Next Gen Sequencing panels.
- Resolves complaints by determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, and expediting resolution to the customer's satisfaction.
- Uses available resources to formulate a timely and informed customer response; reaches out to appropriate resources as necessary if the customer concern falls outside range of expertise.
- Presents technical information in regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Contributes regularly to the growing database of technical information and reviews this information.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computational Biology, Biology or related science field required; M.S or Ph.D. preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience using NGS bioinformatics algorithms/software, extensive Python and Galaxy experience preferred.
- Advanced theoretical knowledge of, and practical experience in PCR and Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation workflows and troubleshooting required.
- Experience with NGS data analysis methods, approaches and troubleshooting required.
- Extensive understanding and experience in Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation workflows, and the Illumina, Ion Torrent, PacBio, etc. sequencing platforms preferred.
- Experience with cloning methods, specifically TA cloning and others preferred.
- Experience in a customer support or customer-facing role preferred.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in typing required.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to analyze data, identify key issues, and solve problems using critical thinking skills.
- Skill to critically review and accurately interpret data provided by the customer during the troubleshooting process.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and convey relevant scientific information.
- Ability to search current scientific literature for potential relevant methods and techniques to acquire necessary information to fill technical gaps.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a quick paced environment.
- Ability to keep key personnel informed and up-to-date of imminent issues.
- Ability to probe skillfully to get the facts when others are averse to providing detailed information.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a group.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.