Next Generation Sequencing & qPCR - Senior Technical Specialist
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
KAUST is an international university dedicated to advance science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. Citizens from more than 100 nations are represented on the university campus and in the KAUST community.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. The NGS lab holds HiSeq2500, HiSeq4000, NextSeq and MiSeqs, Biomark HD, Fluidigm C1 and Chromium (10X Genomics).
Job Summary: The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on NGS and qPCR. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation and sequencing runs. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
• Conducts standardized and customized sample preparations for genomics independently
• Performs NGS runs and operates qPCR instruments independently
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results
• Has consultations with students and scientists
• Provides support and feedback on all technical aspects of genomics portfolio, including optimization and improvement of assays and processes
• Performs basic training in sample preparations and operation of equipment to KAUST researchers and external partners
• Develops, assesses, and adapts new technologies and protocols
• Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance
• Takes actively part in own professional development
• A bachelor degree or above in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the NGS field
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieve results of highest quality
• Proactive and reliable personality and a positive mindset
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners
Apply now at http://apptrkr.com/986163
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Employees are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.