This Research Technologist 3 conducts next-generation sequencing experiments, including sequencing library construction and generating sequencing data. This position carries out sequence data quality check and initial processing, and ensures sequencer in good working condition. This role provides guidance to researchers on DNA/RNA sequencing sample preparation for sequencing. This position may involve in new methodology development when needed.
- Following established lab protocols, and/or independently designs, plans, conducts and troubleshoots experiments.
- Evaluates protocols and data obtained from experiments.
- Molecular Biology skills required or preferred:
- Next-generation sequencing of DNA and RNA samples
- DNA/RNA isolation and purification
- PCR, RT-PCR
- Other molecular biology techniques
- Tracks and summarizes lab supply expenses.
- Orders and/or maintains inventory of reagents and lab supplies.
Performs other duties as assigned.