At Assurex the Molecular Sales Consultant plays a significant role in the success of Assurex Health's business. The primary responsibility of the role is calling on psychiatrists and other healthcare providers in behavioral health to present a unique, clinical psychiatric testing program. This position will report to a Regional Business Manager.
- Identify, develop and manage commercial relationships with key opinion leaders in psychiatric medicine and other key healthcare providers
- Identify commercial opportunities within a specific region or geography
- Manage full lifecycle of the product sales process territories' new business development and lead generation programs and initiatives
- Work with the marketing team in the development of sales and marketing collateral
- Attend local tradeshows, industry conferences and networking events
- Stay current on industry and marketplace trends in the areas of psychiatry, behavioral health, pain management and personalized medicine
- Bachelor's degree preferred ideally in a related field of study
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of behavioral health / diagnostic sales / specialty pharmaceutical sales experience
- Specific scientific knowledge in psychiatric illnesses, psychopharmacology and personalized medicine is strongly preferred
- Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience required
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing commercial relationships with physicians, physician practices, patient advocacy groups and key opinion leaders
- Verifiable track record with building and growing a sales territory and managing the implementation of commercial programs and sales initiatives
At Assurex the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.