Veritas Genetics is seeking a full time Molecular Medical Technologist to be part of our CLIA laboratory team (day shift). At Veritas, we believe that everyone has the right to actionable genetic information that can lead to early detection and prevention. We value motivation, attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and communication skills. In addition to the clinical work, opportunities to be involved in assay research and development are available for interested CLIA laboratory employees.
- Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Maintains a system for organizing and maintaining laboratory documentation.
- Corrective action must be taken if Quality Control results are not within acceptable limits. Documents all corrective action taken as indicated in established laboratory procedures.
- Performs routine review of all laboratory procedures and updates procedures when necessary.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Documents any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
- Participates in validation of and trains on new procedures
- Informs the Laboratory Director, General Supervisor or Technical Supervisor of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of patient results
- Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred:
- PCR and qPCR
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs
- Operation of liquid handling systems
- Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Integrated laboratory information management systems