The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, CT is seeking a Molecular Clinical Laboratory Director to be responsible for the operation, leadership, and administration of JAX’s Clinical Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory in accordance with Federal, State Regulations governing clinical laboratories, and the requirements for accreditation by the College of American Pathologists. The Molecular Clinical Laboratory Director will partner with internal operations team members, internal stakeholders and members of the external clinician community. This role also has the opportunity to have a 50%-60% allocation of their effort to their individual research program that focuses on translational science.
• Ensure CLIA compliance through CAP accreditation by ensuring appropriate systems and infrastructure are in place and utilized including, but not limited to: conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards; methodologies are correct and accurate with respect to clinical options for patient care; verification procedures are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method are achieved; laboratory personnel are performing the test methods in accordance with documented standard operating procedures; quality processes, and procedure manuals are established and implemented for all pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of testing; continued enrollment in an approved proficiency testing program with results reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate and determine and execute corrective action.
• Build a quality centric service that ensures that the quality control and assurance programs are established and maintained to assure the clinical assay integrity and to identify process or assay failures as they occur. They will also ensure that staff maintains their competency to process specimens, perform test procedures and report test results promptly and proficiently, and identify needs for remedial training or continuing education to improve skills when necessary.
• Foster a unified culture and promotes a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and mutual teamwork. Establish and maintain lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning. Provide consultation to the laboratory clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
• Lead and direct the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes including bringing new items to the clinical pipeline through the review of strategies and feasibility behind implementation of novel research methodologies in the clinical setting and working with marketing and opportunity development to ensure the service meets client needs.
• Work with JAX field based personnel to interaction with external clinician customers on questions and feedback related to the JAX clinical services. Present findings of the JAX clinical services behalf of the institution at key medical and scientific venues.