This Production Lab Associate 1 position will perform primary tasks in a molecular biology lab at GE Healthcare Dharmacon in Lafayette, CO. The position will require the ability to learn, and to troubleshoot various aspects of molecular biology including cloning and mammalian tissue culture. The employee will be working in labs where safety, communication, and the ability to excel in a fast paced team environment will be vital to one's success. Essential Responsibilities Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Must have working knowledge of DNA isolation, gel electrophoresis, transformation, cloning, glycerol stocks and handling, tissue culture, or similar lab experience.
• Must be willing to work in a lab with hazardous chemicals and non-replicating viral particles.
• Must be able to effectively operate equipment .
• Collects requested data and communicates them to Supervisor.
• Maintains proper Housekeeping per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and 5S standards within the department.
• Complies with EHS regulations and policies.
• Attends trainings as required.
• Other duties as assigned, and may be asked to be included in quality activities, training sessions, and employee activity teams.
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Biology or a closely related field;
• One year relevant and CURRENT laboratory experience;
• Proficient in mammalian tissue culture, DNA isolation, gel electrophoresis, transformation, cloning, glycerol stocks and handling;
• Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of a laboratory;
• Professional and clear communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Must be able to use a computer with previous work experience in MS Outlook and Excel; and
• Proficient typing skills.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensures the QC processes are established and followed as required.
5. Ensures QI metrics are established and followed as required.
6. Ensure laboratory operates with no major systematic deficiencies as determined by external audits (CAP, NYS).
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
• Duties of this job are regularly performed indoors.
• Work is primarily in a laboratory environment and may include some work in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations.
• This position is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, reach and pull with hands and arms.
• Work includes standing on your feet for the majority of each shift.
• Associate is regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Personal protective equipment must be worn to include lab coats, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to work in a BSL2 laboratory with exposure to non-replicating viral particles.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics Highly Desired Qualifications-
The ideal candidate will possess all of the following:
• Good analytical skills and laboratory practices;
• Current work experience in an industrial setting;
• Inherently focused and self-motivated;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the talent for teamwork;
• Experience with sequence analysis;
• A high level of emotional intelligence; and
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Master's degree plus 1 year of relevant work experience is preferred.