Overview Performs basic testing of raw materials and finished products, maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments, prepares standard and sample solutions, and maintains appropriate records.
this is a first shift Monday - Friday opportunity
**No Relocation. Local Candidates Only**
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
• Maintains stock and orders consumable laboratory supplies
• Maintains live cultures
• Cleans and maintains the microbiology laboratory and equipment
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Collects environmental samples for microbiological analysis.
• Collects water and swab samples.
• Prepares and qualifies media used in the microbiological testing of bulk pharmaceutical chemicals, drug products and components.
• Performs microbiological testing on water, bulk pharmaceutical chemicals and drug products.
• Review data generated by other Microbiologists.
• Dispose of biohazardous waste.
• Performs related duties as assigned. LI-CA1*
Qualifications Required Knowledge and Skills :
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum zero (0) to (1) years of professional experience in a pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory ; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
• General microbiological laboratory techniques and procedures.
• Sampling methods, automated identification and quality control systems.
• Classical microbiology techniques (i.e. gram staining, pour and streak plating, culture maintenance, aseptic techniques).
• Microscope, autoclave, and laminar flow hood usage.
• Mathematics and statistics.
• Microbiolog y or related sciences.
• Sample preparation techniques.
• Computer applications and programs.
• Reading, writing and speaking English.
• Reading, understanding and compliance with Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Operating a personal computer.
• Accurately performing routine testing procedures, as scheduled.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions : Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds, vision to monitor and moderate to loud noise levels. Incumbents may be exposed to or work toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment. Work is performed in laboratory environments. Incumbents must be able to use personal protective equipment, (e.g. respirators, gloves, etc.).
Options Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Do YOU have great ideas? Want to work in an environment that will nurture your professional development? Come and join Teva on its journey of growth. Teva has been cultivating excellence for over a century, and is, today, the worldwide leading generic pharmaceutical company and one of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. As a forward-looking global pharmaceutical company, Teva spearheads the development, production and marketing of a wide range of specialty, generic and over-the-counter medicines.
With 58,000 employees in over 60 countries worldwide, we are proud to say that our employees are the reason for our sustained success. Their skills and dedication make us an industry leader. The diversity of perceptions, qualifications and talent are the key to our ongoing accomplishments. We offer a wide range of jobs and genuine opportunities for personal and professional advancement.