Under close supervision, calibrates and maintains laboratory instruments as specified
in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), ensures that completed tasks are documented as specified in the SOP's, and performs related duties as assigned.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies, procedures,
and state, federal and local laws.
- Calibrates instruments in accordance with SOPs.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments as per written procedures.
- Documents all work performed in accordance with SOPs.
- Reviews calibration documentation generated during the calibrations performed by other
- Assists other Metrologists with calibrations as needed.
- Performs backups of critical data on Metrology Computer Systems.
- Files and maintains calibration data generated by the Metrology Department.
- Participates in training programs that result in the development of a successful working
understanding of the material presented to become proficient in assigned duties and
- Performs physical and wet chemistry testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.Knowledge of:
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
and other regulatory requirements.
- Basic laboratory equipment (glassware, balances, etc.).
- Operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Computer applications and programs.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Testing, measurement and diagnostic equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related scientific discipline; and a minimum of zero (0) - one (1) year related work experience, preferably in food, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industry, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related scientific discipline.