The Metrologist I is responsible for performing calibrations, troubleshooting and scheduling of preventive maintenance on the equipment within IDT's laboratories.
- Performs testing on various types of equipment
- Documents testing and other actions performed with detail and precision, into the CCMS (computerized maintenance management system)
- Troubleshoots issues with equipment and testing methods
- Improves accuracy of testing methods to reduce downtime of equipment
- Coordinates instrument testing with owning departments
- Learns on a continual basis about existing and new equipment purchased by the department
- Tests equipment used by production to ensure efficiency
- Helps to identify systemic and specific issues with equipment
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Metrology Certification (i.e. Calibration Technician Certification from ASQ) preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and JMP preferred
- Calibration skills preferred
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.