The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard is the world’s leading biomedical research institute dedicated to the bold mission of using the full power of genomics to transform the understanding and treatment of disease. The Broad Institute seeks to describe all of the molecular components of life and their connections; discover the molecular basis of major human diseases; develop effective new approaches to diagnostics and therapeutics; and disseminate discoveries, tools, methods, and data openly to the entire scientific community.
Founded in 2004 by Eric Lander and philanthropists Eli and Edythe L. Broad, the Broad Institute includes faculty, professional staff, and students from throughout the MIT and Harvard biomedical research communities and beyond, with collaborations spanning more than a hundred private and public institutions in more than 40 countries worldwide.
A research scientist I position in membrane protein biochemistry and drug discovery is available at the Broad Institute. The position affords an opportunity to work closely with biologists and medicinal chemists to target ion channels. The ideal applicant will have a strong and proven track record of membrane protein expression, purification, and characterization, and will be excited about working with an academic group and a drug discovery group. The job affords the best of academia and industry, with a fast paced environment, and ample opportunity for high impact publications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Large-scale expression / purification of membrane proteins and complexes
• Biophysical characterization (SEC, MALS, ITC, DSF)
• Development of high-throughput assays for drug discovery
• Plan and execute projects and experiments independently, identifying and resolving technical and methodological problems as they arise
• Attend weekly team meetings to present results, ensuring that projects support current team goals
• Train, supervise, or mentor junior group members as needed
• Ph.D. in protein biochemistry with a focus on membrane protein biochemistry with 0+ years of related job experience.
• Strong record of research publications and high profile scientific presentations
• Demonstrated ability to develop and shift plans to adjust to rapidly changing scientific priorities and technologies
• Excellent communication (both in writing and presenting), analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to build excellent working relationships and foster collaboration in a team environment
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE