Speak with a Novo Nordisk representative in person at the HireLifeScience.com Career Fair 2017 in Edison, NJ! Register to attend at http://www.hirelifescience.com/career/
* The Medical Writer is responsible for medical writing support for medical, regulatory, publication, and other needs of NNI therapies and therapeutic areas. This position operates independently with general direction from own manager and leverages his/her experience and understanding of the area of specialization to guide the successful completion of key projects.
* This position reports to a Medical Writing manager within MWE.
* The Medical Writer is expected to develop a network of internal relationships with global and local cross-functional study and publication teams, administrators, management and personnel from other departments as needed.
* The Medical Writer is also expected to network with key contacts within and outside his/her own area of expertise) and work closely with external vendors, stakeholders and agencies.
* Works with general direction from own manager; routine review of progress and results is conducted by his/her own manager.
* Functions at a competent level.
* Participates on cross-functional project teams locally and/or globally.
* May be responsible for managing a project with own manager oversight.
* Has the ability to resolve problems of moderate scope related to Medical Writing projects, processes or tasks, with management support. Demonstrates good judgment in formulating solutions.
* Applies his/her technical expertise to the quality assessment of documents.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the laws, regulations, industry standards and company policies/procedures relevant to Medical Writing. Remains current with respect to the literature on Novo Nordisk therapeutic areas and competitor products.
* With general direction, interacts with local and global publication groups, journals, editors, authors, and others as necessary to ensure the successful completion of publication projects.
* Prepares and reviews manuscripts, meeting abstracts, scientific poster presentations, and other documents necessary for publication support. May support author meetings.
* Prepares and reviews clinical trial reports, summary documents, and other documents that support the regulatory needs of a project. May support regulatory submissions, in particular with respect to document preparation and review.
* 10-20% overnight travel required
* An MS, MD or PhD in a Life Science or a PharmD required.
* A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required with a PhD, MD or PharmD, and 3 years of relevant experience with an MS.
* Demonstrated scientific writing ability.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use and understanding of computer software (e.g., word processing, graphics, document management).
Department CMR - MEDICAL WRITING (2)
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting "Yes" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.