Description: This individual will be an integral part of the Medical Affairs group and will be responsible for interacting with the public (clients and medical community), client services team, marketing, and clinical affairs to support the current Ariosa prenatal testing platform. This GC position will play a primary role in communicating the clinical and scientific basis of Ariosa’s product(s) in both informal and formal presentations. The individual must be comfortable with public presentation in a clinical setting and at national and regional meetings. In addition, the individual must be comfortable communicating with physicians and other clinical staff on the telephone and in person about laboratory results and general prenatal diagnostic clinical protocols. They should also be willing to work in a fast paced environment and be hands on in all operational aspects.
Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing the product position and key messages within the general prenatal diagnosis and genetics community.
- Meeting with physicians, genetic counselors, and clinical staff to present the science and clinical utility of the current product. This will require working closely with the sales force.
- Acting as a resource for clinical/scientific questions related to testing for existing customers and prospective client groups.
- Communicating with clinical providers about laboratory test results.
- Proactively working with current client base to ensure appropriate dialogue and sharing of information with their patient population.
- Assisting in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts; presenting at regional, state and national meetings; and providing exhibit booth support.
- Surveying the competitive landscape in regards to peer reviewed and promotional materials.
- Other activities as determined by the Chief Medical Officer, Lead Medical Science Liaison, and the Associate Director of Medical Affairs