Hayes, Inc., an internationally recognized leader in health technology research and consulting, is dedicated to the delivery of high-quality healthcare and improved outcomes through the integration of evidence into decision making and policy development. The unbiased information and comparative-effectiveness analyses we provide enable evidence-based decisions about acquiring, managing, and paying for health technologies. Our worldwide clients include hospitals, healthcare systems, government agencies, health plans, and employers.
We currently seek a full-time Medical Research Analyst for our Genetics product line. The successful candidates will possess:
- Graduate level training (PhD preferred, MS, MSc, MPH, or ScD) or equivalent expertise in genetics, genetic counseling, molecular biology, epidemiology, or biostatistics
- Strong scientific background and knowledge of clinical trial and other study designs, biostatistics, epidemiology, biomedical terminology, and clinical medicine. Knowledge and/or experience of genetic tests is required .
- Basic understanding of systematic review and/or health technology assessment (HTA) methodology necessary; prior experience in performing HTAs or systematic reviews preferred
- Experience searching scientific literature databases such as PubMed and EMBASE
- Searching Electronic Databases and Internet Resources—Develop an efficient and effective search strategy using PICOs, conduct a comprehensive search of all appropriate databases (e.g. PubMed, EMBASE); document the search strategy with special emphasis on keywords, and selection criteria
- Study Selection--Work with the content editor to determine the appropriate study selection criteria for inclusion in reports; select studies with the strongest study design, such as well-controlled studies with clinically meaningful endpoints published in the peer-reviewed medical literature for analysis
- Preparing HTA Reports --Analyze the selected studies; abstract data into evidence tables, evaluate the quality of individual studies and the strength of the evidence, synthesize the evidence in a comprehensive HTA report, and assign a HAYES Rating; manage deadlines for HTA reports; identify graphics and prepare graphic request forms; interact with content editors, tech editors, and production support
- Maintaining Documents and Records — Maintain thorough records that relate to own production of HTA reports (including all decisions related to study selection) and transfer complete documentation to a cloud-based document storage system