• Builds relationships and demonstrates the clinical outcome and benefits of NNI products. Educates and demonstrates the benefits of key products to patients. Provides medical information and coordinates continuing education workshops. May explore and identify sites for clinical trials in all stages of development.
• Incumbents have a deep scientific and clinical education and experience.
• Within Field Medical Affairs, this position functions as a scientific liaison between NNI and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides advanced product and scientific and medical field support to Medical, Sales and Marketing, as well as Managed Care and Government by using academic credentials and scientific expertise to communicate with health care providers, organized providers/accounts and other relevant healthcare organizations.
• Strategic determination of change of territory prioritization will be based on customer need and analytics which identify need for change. This may occur at any time throughout the annual performance cycle
• Position reports to Field Director/Sr Field Director.
• Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced medical and technical projects with the ML teams, Clinicians, Marketing, Market Access & Government, and Sales personnel. External relationships include key opinion leaders (KOL’s), academic institutions, physicians, nurse practitioners, diabetes educators, pharmacists, blood bank staff, organized providers/IDNs, and MCOs as needed based on territory archetypes.
ADVOCACY & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
• Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings: a) ensures and maintains awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops and maintains relationships with key health care providers and IHNs; c) develops appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services d) supports and assists representatives and managers in answering questions from health care providers and IHNs.
ADVOCACY & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
• Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
FIELD-BASED CLINICAL SUPPORT:
• Collaborates with Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to deliver scientific value proposition of NNI’s products and devices to key customers and formulary decision makers. Delivers HEOR presentations upon request.
• Collaborates with Marketing and Sales management to develop scientific strategies to optimize NNI’s products and development activities in the medical community.
• Collaborates with trial/study investigation sites; ensuring effective coordination and facilitation of studies to ensure timely review, initiation, and completion, as well as publication of study results. Provides clinical support in cooperation with other Novo Nordisk groups to ensure investigators demonstrate appropriate knowledge of studies, support patient recruitment and retention activities, answers responsive requests from investigators and provides feedback to sites to other groups.
• Coordinates and collaborates with regional FMA team members to ensure integrated comprehensive coverage of regional clinical and scientific needs.
• Coordinates with key internal stakeholders to provide customized and dedicated system-wide clinical education and support within respective IHNs and coordinate and manage professional relations of Novo Nordisk within these Networks from an overall “account management” level.
• Coordinates with respective HSM to provide scientific and clinical education to Chief Executives, Medical Directors and formulary stakeholders to secure proper access to NNI’s products and services in respective IHNs.
• Develops and presents product and scientific updates as requested, including Formulary presentations within IHNs, using approved material.
• Completes administrative duties in an accurate manner and on a timely basis, in line with current SOPs and working practices.
• Complies with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
• Ensures effective administrative management of regional business as well as operational budgets.
• Maintains thorough understanding of all relevant Novo Nordisk processes and procedures, and proactively assists other FMA members to further their understanding with these as needed.
• Provides monthly reports on scientific support activities in region to Director including budget expenditures as directed.
• Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures.
• 50-75% overnight travel required. Territory includes FL, GA, AL, TN.
• Home office based within territory- preferably Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN metro areas.
• Doctoral degree required.
• At least two years experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required.
•Relevant clinical and/or therapeutic experience preferred.
• Displays business acumen/knowledge based on experiences such as participation in formulary process decisions.
• Strong communication skills.
Department CMR - FMA - PED ENDO & GHD
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - FL
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information...cont.