Builds relationships and demonstrates the clinical outcome and benefits of NNI products. Educates and demonstrates the benefits of key products. Provides medical information and coordinates continuing education workshops.
Within Field Medical Affairs, this position functions as a scientific liaison between NNI and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides extensive product and scientific field support to Medical, Sales and Marketing, as well as Managed Care and Government by using academic credentials and scientific expertise to communicate with health care providers and organizations.
Position reports to Field Director/Sr Field Director/ or Executive Director. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact to internal regional ML teams, Clinicians, Marketing, Managed Care & Government, and Sales personnel. External relationships include, but are not limited to, key opinion leaders (KOL’s), academic institutions, physicians, nurse practitioners, diabetes educators, pharmacists, managed care organizations and HMOs.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate manner and on a timely basis, in line with current SOPs and working practices.
- Complies with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Ensures effective administrative management of regional business as well as operational budgets.
- Provides monthly reports on scientific support activities in region to Director including budget expenditures as directed.
- Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures.
ADVOCACY & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) ensure awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops and maintains relationships with health care providers; c) develops appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services d) supports and assists representatives in answering physician questions.
- Connects health care providers with other NNI resources (ex. Clinical Research Physicians, Sales and Marketing.
- Identifies academic centers and investigators to initiate and/or participate in clinical trials and identify key areas of future research.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with therapeutic area of interest.
- Participates in special Regional projects e.g., team meetings, training, etc.
- Prepares and conducts ongoing product and scientific updates for the Region as requested.
- Profiles and recruits qualified investigators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g., speaker, investigator, or consultant) as directed by Home Office.
- Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitors’ products to help inform medical and commercial decision making
- Understands and adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
- Coordinates the development of symposia and continuing education seminars for health care providers on subjects relevant to NNI’s products.
- Delivers approved presentations at regional POAs, sales training, advisory board meetings and speaker training activities as directed.
- Prepares training materials for the FMA team.
- Responds to unsolicited inquiries about Novo Nordisk’s grants and charitable contributions program.
- Trains sales representatives on product knowledge and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area.
FIELD-BASED CLINICAL SUPPORT:
- Collaborates with Marketing, and Sales management to develop scientific strategies to optimize NNI’s products and development activities in the medical community.
- Collaborates with regional FMA team members to ensure integrated comprehensive coverage of regional clinical and scientific needs.
- Develops and present product and scientific updates as requested using approved material.
- Ensures scientific and clinical support for marketed products and development projects.
- Establishes and maintains functional working relationships with Clinical Research Associates within the region to further scientific exchange.
- May coordinate on the identification and support of investigator-initiated studies in the region and refer requests for research grants from region to The Research Grants Committee.
- Participates in assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) maintains awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develop and maintain relationships with health care providers; c) support appropriate use of NNI products.
- Provides assistance to leadership in developing and implementing the MM strategy in alignment with Medical and Brand strategy.
- Supports regional Field Sales’ scientific needs.
Approximately 60% travel with overnight.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Doctoral degree (e.g., PharmD, DNP, PhD or MD) required with advanced professional licensure (e.g., NP, RPh) preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required.
- Displays business acumen/knowledge based on experiences such as participation in formulary process decisions.
- Experience in Endocrinology strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
Department CMR - GH NATIONAL / MLS CENTRAL
State/Provinces US - OH
Degree Required Doctorate Degree Required
Percent Travel 60 - 70%
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segments: Medical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Field Sales, Pharmaceutical, SAP, Healthcare, Sales, Science, Technology