Requisition ID 32367BR
Title Medical Liaison Biopharm Growth Hormone Disorders - Carolinas
Job Category Field Medical
Job Description PURPOSE:
Builds relationships and communicates the clinical outcomes and benefits of NNI products. Provides medical information, educates and demonstrates the benefits of key products and coordinates education workshops per management direction. May explore and identify sites for clinical trials per direction from leadership. Demonstrates mastery of disease state and product knowledge.
Within Field Medical Affairs, this position functions as a scientific liaison between NNI and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides product and scientific field support to internal (e.g., Medical, Sales and Marketing, Market Access, and Public Affairs) and external customers (e.g., key opinion leaders, Integrated Health Systems and Delivery Networks, local professional societies, etc.) by using academic credentials and scientific expertise.
Position reports to Field Director/Sr Field Director.
Represents the organization externally as the primary field technical and scientific contact for clinicians (including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and Pediatric Educators), professional societies, academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks, managed care organizations, etc.
Represents the organization internally as the primary field technical and scientific contact for NNI field teams (e.g., primary care, specialty and institutional/health systems sales and sales management, clinical research associates, Pediatric Educators, state government affairs, Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), etc.).
* Completes administrative duties in an accurate manner and on a timely basis, in line with current SOPs and working practices.
* Complies with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
* Ensures effective administrative management of regional business as well as operational budgets.
* Maintains thorough understanding of all relevant Novo Nordisk processes and procedures, and proactively assists other FMA members to further their understanding with these as needed.
* Provides monthly reports on scientific support activities in region to Director including budget expenditures as directed.
* Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures.
* Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings: a) ensures and maintains awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops and maintains relationships with key health care providers and IHNs; c) develops appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services d) supports and assists representatives and managers in answering questions from health care providers and IHNs.
* Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
* Connects health care and IHN providers with other NNI resources (e.g., Clinical Research Physicians, Sales and Marketing.
* Establishes relationships with academic centers and investigators to participate in clinical trials and identify key areas of future research.
* Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Formulary Influencers (KFIs) and IHNS, and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities.
* Identifies academic centers and investigators to initiate and/or participate in clinical trials and identify key areas of future research.
* Identifies and recruits qualified investigators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g., speaker, investigator, or consultant) as directed by Home Office.
* Identifies, contacts, develops and maintains relations with health care providers, IHNs and KFIs to establish and/or further the knowledge of NNI products and their appropriate use; when necessary, develops resolving issues pertaining to that use.
* Identifies, responds to inquiries and develops relationships with health care professionals and IHNs; identifying those individuals with novel research concepts, clinical experience and expertise, within identified therapeutic areas of interest to Novo Nordisk Inc.
* Maintains a thorough working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with therapeutic area of interest.
* Participates in special Regional projects (e.g., team meetings, training, etc.).
* Prepares and conducts ongoing product and scientific updates for the Region as requested.
* Works cross-functionally with colleagues in the field across Sales, Marketing, Medical, etc. to establish ongoing collaborative relations with chief executives, key administrators and other key decision makers within the IHNs.
* Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitors’ products to help inform medical and commercial decision making.
* Understands and adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
* Assists with educating HSMs and HS-DCSs on product knowledge and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area.
* Conducts education for health care and IHN providers on subjects relevant to NNI’s products as directed.
Additional Information * Coordinates and participates in the development of symposia and continuing education seminars for health care providers within the IHNs/or for other healthcare providers on subjects relevant to Novo Nordisk products as directed.
* Participates in delivering presentations for Regional POA meetings, sales training, advisory board meetings and speaker training activities as directed.
* Prepares training materials for the FMA team.
* Responds to unsolicited inquiries about Novo Nordisk’s grants and charitable contributions program.
* Proactively shares better practices and knowledge with FMA team.
* Serves as mentor for new hire or more junior FMA colleagues.
* Understands and demonstrates the value of working with related departments such as Sales, Marketing and Medical.
* Attends and participates at assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) ensures and maintains awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops and maintains relationships with health care and IHN providers; c) supports appropriate use of NNI products.
* Collaborates with Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to deliver scientific value proposition of NNI’s products and devices to key customers and formulary decision makers. Delivers HEOR presentations upon request.
* Collaborates with Marketing and Sales management to develop scientific strategies to optimize NNI’s products and development activities in the medical community.
Approximately 60% travel with overnight
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Doctoral degree (e.g., DNP, MD, PharmD, PhD) required with advanced professional licensure (e.g., NP, RPh) strongly preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required with a doctoral degree (internship or residency may count toward experience)
A Bachelor’s degree with RN required with a minimum of six years’ experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required with a Bachelor’s/RN
Displays business acumen/knowledge based on experiences such as participation in formulary process decisions
Extensive experience in Growth Hormone strongly preferred
Strong communication and collaboration skills require
Department CMR - GH NATIONAL / MLS CENTRAL
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - NC
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or email [email protected] with your request. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this email address. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request in the body of your email. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in your message. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Clinical Research, Compliance, Endocrinology, Entry Level, Field Service, Government, Governmental Affairs, Healthcare, Intern, Law, Legal, Manufacturing, Medical, Medical Research, Medical Sales, Pediatric, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Public Policy, Research, Research Scientist, Sales, Science, State Government, Travel Nurse