Performs simple and complex laboratory test procedures in a timely manner as assigned; obtains and interprets data for diagnosis and treatment of disease; performs related laboratory technology duties. Provides technical supervision and training to subordinate-level staff members.
- Focuses on skill (test competencies) and knowledge development
- Demonstrates entry level scientist competencies
- Adheres to quality systems protocols
- Involved in education of student clinical laboratory technicians/scientists
- Consults with more experienced team members when necessary
- Exhibits knowledge of laboratory tests and standards.
- Exhibits basic knowledge of professional ethics, laws and regulations
- Disseminates laboratory test information in a timely manner
- Offers suggestions for improvement in operations
- Monitors accuracy and precision of laboratory testing
- Maintains, files, and stores relevant laboratory documentation in accordance with relevant regulatory standards.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested