The Medical Assistant assists in the satisfactory flow of patients, films, and reports between the assigned department and the radiologists. This individual safely and comfortably transports patients to and from the requesting department/unit and the procedure area, assists them on and off the procedure tables, expedites the transport of information between the procedure
area and the radiologists, and assists the technologists in completing the study and providing appropriate patient care.
- Assists the physicians and technologists as requested.
- Use proper body mechanics transports patients to and from the waiting area or
- clinics to the procedure room; moves or assists with the move of patients on
- and off of the procedure tables with attention to patient safety and comfort.
- Performs simple procedures such as taking patients' temperature, pulse, respiration, and weight as directed.
- Shares with the technologists the responsibility for stocking the procedure rooms with supplies and linen; transports equipment, supplies or specimens to assigned areas.
- Utilizing computer skills, schedules, completes, modifies exam requests in RIS; tracks patients exams; updates PACS computer system.
- Answers phones and communicates information effectively.
- Sets up sterile procedures practicing appropriate infection control procedures to prevent cross-contamination to patients and instruments.
- Recognize emergency situations, initiates code procedures, administers first aid/CPR as needed.
- High school graduate.
- Active certification as a Medical Assistant through the state of Washington Department of Health.
- 6 months experience as a Medical Assistant strongly preferred
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider card.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2274157-2647-4121